Friday, August 24, 2007

Third base!


I took the train downtown last night to meet Jude, have a little Thai food, and ride home together in the car she drove to work. Heading home, as we got into the Ford, I tossed my novel in the back seat.

"What's the book you're reading?" she asked, very kindly.


"What is the What," I answered

"What's the book you're reading?" she said.

"What is the What," I answered.

"WHAT. IS. THE. BOOK. YOU'RE. READING."


It's a fictionalized account of the life of a Sudanese refugee turned U.S. immigrant, by Great Writer Dave Eggers. The story is really engaging, and the title is hiiiiiiiilarious.


3 comments:

LMP said...

Yeah that's amusing and all, but you're going to have a hard time topping the "Days until Keith's Day In Court" countdown.

Boomin' Granny said...

I have to agree with Kicking.
Are you flying in to represent Keith in court??

Keith said...

I have already written your testimony. I just need a signature, and I've been practicing that.