Thursday, August 2, 2007

An Informed Citizenry



I was driving down Sandy Blvd yesterday and passed Pirate's Cove, a nekkid lady pub where the building is shaped like a two-story lil' brown jug. Although the place looked the same as it ever has, the reader board sign out front said:
















I thought it was kind of funny and also,
because I'm an idea man, I thought they should have tied the stripper and pirate themes together with, "YO HO HO" or something about the giant jug.

But anyway, I forgot all about it until this morning on my drive to work when I saw THIS sign next door to the State Motel and the bowling alley on 82nd Ave -- fully three miles and a hard right turn from the Pirate's Cove:
















And thus my faith in humanity was once again renewed. Tonight my beer dollar goes to the very funny people at the Red Room.


2 comments:

LMP said...

The extra amusing thing about this is that the sign for Pirate's Cove makes me think it would have a children's menu that is also a funny paper hat and the sign for the Red Room makes me wonder if maybe, just maybe, people do take their clothes off in there.

Heather M. Szafran said...

I tell folks out here that PDX has more jiggles and giggles per capita than any other city in our fair and sprawling nation, and they plum don't believe me.

Idjits.

In fact, I'm gonna come out there and do the nation a favor and do the math myself...My canvassing will commence on 14th August, 2007 B. C. E.